Saturday, March 17, 2012

Brigham

When I started showing dogs in the Conformation ring I knew that at some point I would have my own homebred "show quality" dalmatian.  For the last 25 years I have bred, showed and finish a number of dogs that I consider worthy of the ribbons they won and I felt very proud.

I didn't know that at some point I was going to breed and show a dog with that very special quality of a true "Showdog" with all that star quality that we sometimes see in the ring. Brigham has been my dream, he has proven that he is always ready to show no matter what the weather conditions, location or time of day.  He has been label "bullet proof" for the ring by a number of handlers but he has been shown most of his career by his owner/handler. 

Now, at a young age of 6 yrs. Brigham is enjoying his retirement from the ring
by running through the meadows of Sundance, Utah and taking long walks along the Provo river watching the river rafters, fisherman and many a times the wild horses as well as elk and deer.  I believe he may be willing and happy to make a comeback to the ring as a Veteran but we will have to wait another year for that.  We shall see...but in the mean time here are a few pictures taken from 8wks to his now days of retirement:













1 comment: